Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

RMB Gentry Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
aleksandar
October 13, 2017, 8:32pm Report to Moderator
Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.02
For the past few weeks i kept getting a slight whiff of petrol whenever i walked past the Gentry.
Today found out why.
On starting up to go to local town i got out to open gate and noticed fuel dripping from rear.
The pipe from tank to rear filter has degraded, gutted as the pipe is only three years old.
To be honest i cannot remember whether when i purchased it if i asked for fuel pipe compatible with E5/E10 use or not.
So replaced tonight with guaranteed compatible fuel pipe and now all working fine.
Typical that the only piece of fuel pipe i did not replace last year was the most inaccessible piece.
With the nights drawing in i once again have promised myself to fit some suitable light source as taking the rear end apart in fading to no light is a pain.
Private Message
yorkshire_spam
October 14, 2017, 11:13am Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Seems to be a recurring theme with fuel pipe these days, even the stuff that claims to be R9!
I went to all the trouble of getting hold of some Gates' barricade hose and am steadily replacing all the ones on the Spitfire.
Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
aleksandar
November 11, 2017, 11:35am Report to Moderator
Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.02
‘Libby’ Gentry sailed through the Mot yesterday. Whilst there my Mot man confirmed that should the car be exempted he will still let me put the car through an annual inspection, so we are very happy. However, on the way home about a mile to go the fuel pump chattered like a WI convention. Managed to make it home. Could have been very embarrassing if I had to ask a neighbour to come out with my spare fuel which was not in the car. Ho hum!
Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
yorkshire_spam
November 11, 2017, 11:53am Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Good result on the MOT, the fuel pump is an annoyance though. I keep a "known good" (not new!) spare in the boot of the Spitfire.
Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Triumph Torque    Cars    Specials  ›  RMB Gentry

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread