Triumph Torque    Cars    Herald/Vitesse  ›  New (old) member
Users Browsing Forum
andymcp and 13 Guests

New (old) member Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Spud67
October 11, 2017, 2:02pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.00
Hello , Have been watching forum for some while and am now the proud owner of a 1965 herald 1200. Just got to sort MOT then on the road .
It has failed on three tyres perished due to age and standing and an chaffed brake hose on the rear so easy fixes.

Can someone direct me to where it shows how to upload images !!

Thanks Carl

Private Message
Jonny-Jimbo
October 11, 2017, 2:10pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Hi Carl,

If you have the pictures posted elsewhere (probably easiest), just right click on them and then select 'copy image address'. Then use the option that looks like a small blue square above the text box you write in (to the left of the hash sign) and you'll get "[img][/img]" show up. now right click between the two sets of brackets and hit paste. This is by far the easiest way to upload pictures currently, although a new website is being developed.

62 Vitesse 1600 - Slammed & modified
67 2000 - Fitted with 2.5 o/d - 2012 RBRR, 2015 Essex Rally, 2016 HCR, 2016 RBRR
67 2000 Estate - Dormant
70 Herald 13/60 - First car, many bits
77 CZ 125 Sport - 70 miles on the clock
77 Kawasaki KM90 - Shop hack
81 Yamaha DT125 - Many bits
88 Ginetta G4/4 - Dead
88 BMW E30 320i - For Sale
89 Citroen AX GT - Rally car!
90 BMW E30 318iS - Building to FIA spec
90 Mazda Eunos 1.6 - 'Popeye'
93 BMW 530i - Donor
95 BMW E34 540i - 4L V8
Private Message Reply: 1 - 15
Drake
October 11, 2017, 5:45pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.21
Hello Carl, I'm new to posting too, though not to stealing advice from the archives around while fixing up my 13/60 CV that I brought home in July. I am enjoying your optimism regarding your 'to-do' list - my car had a full MOT with no advisories, but the list of fixes I've been making looks more like a Triumph parts catalogue! Hope you have a great time out and about in the 1200. My car is garaged but I'm going to use it throughout the Winter in dry weather.
Private Message Reply: 2 - 15
pimp my vit
October 11, 2017, 9:20pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.10
OK Carl
This is what you need to do, you need to upload your photos to a photo hosting site, the more popular ones have started charging if you want to upload to 3rd party sites like this. I use picturetrail.com as its still free. http://www.picturetrail.com
Go on to the site and register, then upload your photos, you will see under the photo third box down called
FORUM (IMG) Tag:
Click the white box next to it and copy the link, now you just need to post it into the forum box you are writing in, no need to click the (img)(img) box on this site as its already on the link you have copied. So you will only see just the link you have copied and pasted but when you press 'post reply' it will change to the actual photo.

Hope that all makes sense if you need any help just post again.

So I want to see you now post a photo below ASAP...

1967 2.0 Mk 1 Vitesse in bits since year 2000
Fortune spent and still spending
Private Message Reply: 3 - 15
pimp my vit
October 11, 2017, 9:32pm Report to Moderator

Here's one I did earlier....

Private Message Reply: 4 - 15
Spud67
October 14, 2017, 6:06pm Report to Moderator

So here goes at first time trying to post photo.
Four new tyres and a pair of rear hoses
1 years MOT
Drove home really well , engine is really sweet, just vague gear selection , so new bush kit ordered
<style type=text/css>table.outerframe { width:30px;}</style><table width="174" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
Private Message Reply: 5 - 15
Paudman
October 14, 2017, 7:39pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.77
It didn't work....
Get yourself a good resizing programme such as iResize (I use it on Apple but there are PC programmes available for free) and shrink your photo down to a good size for screen or the forum pages - HUGE ones are very annoying!
Go to 'More Post Options' below the post and click on the add photos button, select your photo from your PC then 'attach and add more'
This adds a full pic to the post but if you keep them small you can add quite a few in the allocated space.
I don't like using remote hosts ever since someone followed a link from a posted photo to my Photobucket account and was able to access all the folders.

If it was made by man, it can be dismantled and rebuilt by man. Usually just not as easily.
Private Message Reply: 6 - 15
JohnD
October 15, 2017, 10:41am Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 1.51
It's so simple - why make it complicated?

Photohosting - never heard of the PhotoBucket debacle?   The billions of of pics previously set there and appearing in millions of websites are no longer available, unless you pay a $300 subscription.

Special photo resizing programmes - why risk downloading software to your PC when it's likely to include Trojans?
If you have Windows, you have Paint (look under Windows Accesories).  
Bring up Paint, and your picture, and use the "Resize" command, under Image.
Set it to pixels 640 x 480, a convenient size for message boards, and save it to your disc.
(Paint will also let you crop the image, if you wnat to illustrate a particular part of your picture - very useul for parts and assemblies)

Then on this site, click on the "More post options" button, below the reply window.
Click on the "Choose file" button below the message window.
This opens Windows Explorer to all the files on your hard disc.
Go to the folder where is your picture, click on that and click on "Open"

Note the button that says "Attach (and add more)".  Use this to repeat if you want to post more than one pic.
Click on the "Post"  button when complete.
Voila!  It is done!   No risky photohosting or alien programmes!

John
PS to Mods - Please!  Post the instructions somewhere as a sticky! Newbies always have a problem with this and it's so simple when you know how.

Serial Vitesse racer.

Old Blue.  1995-2001
Silverback. 2001-2007
SofS. 2007 - to date.

Private Message Reply: 7 - 15
pimp my vit
October 15, 2017, 3:17pm Report to Moderator

Maybe Spud is using Mac like me and doesn't have windows paint, I know about PhotoBucket and the $300 thats why I changed to Picturetrail. PhotoBucket really did the dirty on users and $300 to post two or three pics a year was ridiculous, they should have allowed five or ten free shots and then charged after that.

If I use your method then my photos will be too big and need to be resized using 3rd party software, the great thing about PictueTrail is that it will automatically resize your photo when you copy the url. So no need for the extra software.

Its not complicated just upload copy and paste the url, it takes seconds...

The only downside is if you remove the photo from the hosting site it will also delete it from the site you posted it on, as can be seen by the millions of blanks on forums that previously used Photobucket...

However you can buy an app for Mac called 'photo pixel resizer' for 99p if you want to go John's route as a Mac user.

Private Message Reply: 8 - 15
vitessesteve
October 15, 2017, 3:57pm Report to Moderator

Steve Weblin: Forum Moderator and Blogmaster
Club Officer
Club member
Posts Per Day: 0.58
The soon to be launched new version of the website should be much better and easier for images.

I understand mac os has several ways to resize natively.  (mac computers can resize images with out the need to add any extra software) so I am told.

They have other posts on related subjects over the years.  A search would likely ppoint you at them.  The easiest to find is a sticky in the top forum category under Forum Rules, Moderation and Admin.

PLEASE help us to maintain a friendly forum, use Report post button if you see anything you are unhappy with. Thanks.
Steve Weblin - AKA vitessesteve Forum Moderator and blogmaster

Cars - Valencia Blue 69 Vitesse Mk2 Saloon since 1991 and a TR7 Sprint.

blog http://vitessesteve.blogspot.com/ website http://www.vitessesteve.co.uk/

Newark UK based - studied class car restoration at Leeds City College

https://www.facebook.com/stephen.weblin
Site Private Message Reply: 9 - 15
pimp my vit
October 15, 2017, 4:28pm Report to Moderator

Right Steve I just tried that, just drag image from Photos onto your desktop, then open the image direct from desktop and it opens in 'preview' rather than Photo. You can then select 'Tools' from the menu bar and change the pixel count.

Learn something new every day....

Private Message Reply: 10 - 15
JohnD
October 15, 2017, 5:18pm Report to Moderator

"Native" resizing!  That's the word!  And a moment Googling finds this:

"To crop and resize images, you’ll need to see the Edit Toolbar, which can be shown by pressing Shift + Command + A, or clicking View > Show Edit Toolbar. With this toolbar active, ensure that the Rectangular Selection tool is selected, and then click and drag a rectangular selection around the portion of the image that you wish to crop to. To accept and crop, click the crop tool in the toolbar, or press Command + K."   http://www.techradar.com/how-to/computing/apple/mac-101-editing-images-1305650

And they say that the Mac is so intuitive!
JOhn

Serial Vitesse racer.

Old Blue.  1995-2001
Silverback. 2001-2007
SofS. 2007 - to date.

Private Message Reply: 11 - 15
Spud67
October 15, 2017, 7:09pm Report to Moderator

OK, was trying before on an ipad, not got the old laptop out, lets see if i should rename myself luddite .....
thanks Carl

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

Private Message Reply: 12 - 15
pimp my vit
October 15, 2017, 8:14pm Report to Moderator

And they say that the Mac is so intuitive!
JOhn

I wouldn't call myself a Mac fanboy but I think Apple macOS High Sierra has come a long way since that editing article was written in 2012. Now its just two clicks 'edit' and 'crop'

Private Message Reply: 13 - 15
TedTaylor
October 16, 2017, 2:28pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Mac is (pretty) intuitive. Can be done in a few of mouse clicks

On my own version which is a recent one:

Open the photo (I always make a copy/duplicate and resize that) and in the tool bar at the top is 'Tools'

Open that and one option is ......... 'Resize' or 'Adjust size'.

Click on that and you have a load of options.  The biggest option (bottom of the list) will probably do especially if you have cropped the image in the past but it does tell you the size your option will produce and as long as it is 300 or less you should be OK.  If not choose the next size option and so on.  

MUT

Mad Uncle Ted!
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.

AFH849B Mk1 2000 period rally replica (under restoration ..... again) First re-built 1991
NAM616G Morris 1800 London Sydney/Monte/World Cup (awaiting restoration)
SCG115G Mk1 PI estate
WDE 76K Mk2 2500 estate (Woodie) RBRR 2014   2016  
LSE Soft Dash Range Rover with Brooklands body kit on LPG (Still for sale)

From the depths of the Forest of Dean....
Private Message Reply: 14 - 15
JohnD
October 16, 2017, 5:50pm Report to Moderator

Quoted from Spud67
OK, was trying before on an ipad, not got the old laptop out, lets see if i should rename myself luddite .....
thanks Carl

Not Luddite, minimalist, perhaps.
John

Serial Vitesse racer.

Old Blue.  1995-2001
Silverback. 2001-2007
SofS. 2007 - to date.

Private Message Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Triumph Torque    Cars    Herald/Vitesse  ›  New (old) member

Thread Rating