Users Browsing Forum
Yahoo! Bot and 13 Guests

Fuse for Side/Rear Lights Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Pete Arnold
August 21, 2017, 4:48pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Please can anyone help me locate the line fuse for the side/rear lights on my Vitesse Mk I.

My workshop manual states - The line fuse is a component of the main harness.  It is positioned behind the facia panel adjacent to the left hand dash side panel.  To locate the line fuse when the unit is not visible carefully pull the brown/red and red wires adjacent to the harness "break out" point.  This action should draw the unit into view.

I've been doing various contortions this afternoon looking under the dash but I'm blowed if I can find it.  Any tips welcome!

Signal Red - 1967 MkI Vitesse Saloon - North Bucks
Private Message
Nick Jones
August 21, 2017, 10:13pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 2.21
In the corner behind the glove box near the joint between front and rear looms IIRC.  Not sure if present on early 1600?

Nick

Nick Jones
Somerset UK

Vitesse Mk 1.5 Convertible EFI, Survivor of RBRR 2008, HCR & 10CR 2009, HCR 2010, 10CR2011, HCR 2012, 10CR2013, 10CR2015, HCR 2016 & HCR 2017.
GT6 Mk3 Roto - project in progress
Spitfire MKIV son's project now on the road as a daily driver
2.5 PI Saloon now EFI (PIe?), Engine rebuilt and running sweet.  Diff howling...... Survivor of HCR 2013 & 2014 Gone to live in Swansea

http://www.tengaston.plus.com
Private Message Reply: 1 - 6
Pete Arnold
August 22, 2017, 3:22pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
Quoted from Nick Jones
In the corner behind the glove box near the joint between front and rear looms IIRC.  Not sure if present on early 1600?

Nick, I can't thank you enough!
After another 90 minutes of 'contortionism', I've just found it. What on earth possessed Triumph to make a  fuse so inaccessible!

I'd almost given up hope of ever finding the fuse when I spotted a red flex which had apparently been rubbing against something and was showing a tiny piece of bare wire.  I gently pulled this down to make space enough to wrap some red tape around it and, hey presto, the fuse holder came with it!

Fuse now replaced and side/rear lights working again.  Presumably the bare wire was the cause of the fuse blowing.  I'm now having my well deserved cuppa before I go back and replace all the trim etc.

Private Message Reply: 2 - 6
Pete Lewis
August 24, 2017, 1:13pm Report to Moderator

Tssc Herts and Beds A.O.
Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.78
its much easier if you have lumbago and varifocal glasses  !!!!   Hmm  well done

Pete

1964 1600 Vitesse 6 Cactus and Black , now  sold
now have T2000   Mk2 saloon in French Blue/grey trim  been  restored without running since 1997
now has power steering ,poly bushed and Alfa 156 seats
location  Luton
Private Message Reply: 3 - 6
Pete Arnold
August 24, 2017, 4:30pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
Quoted from Pete Lewis
its much easier if you have lumbago and varifocal glasses  !!!!   Hmm  well done

Well, I qualify so far as the varifocal glasses are concerned - but you forgot the 'hearing aids falling from behind ones ears' bit!!!!!!!!!!

Private Message Reply: 4 - 6
Nick Jones
August 24, 2017, 5:37pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 2.21
It is a very strange place to put a fuse.  I first came across it from the other directions (as it were) when sorting the loom out for my Vitesse many years ago.  At first I thought it was a dodgy PO addition and couldn't work out what it was for.....

Mind you, some modern stuff has similar tendencies on a much larger scale with fuse boxes scattered all over, some quite well hidden.

Nick

Nick Jones
Somerset UK

Vitesse Mk 1.5 Convertible EFI, Survivor of RBRR 2008, HCR & 10CR 2009, HCR 2010, 10CR2011, HCR 2012, 10CR2013, 10CR2015, HCR 2016 & HCR 2017.
GT6 Mk3 Roto - project in progress
Spitfire MKIV son's project now on the road as a daily driver
2.5 PI Saloon now EFI (PIe?), Engine rebuilt and running sweet.  Diff howling...... Survivor of HCR 2013 & 2014 Gone to live in Swansea

http://www.tengaston.plus.com
Private Message Reply: 5 - 6
Bitumen Boy
August 24, 2017, 6:43pm Report to Moderator
Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Quoted from Nick Jones
It is a very strange place to put a fuse.  I first came across it from the other directions (as it were) when sorting the loom out for my Vitesse many years ago.  At first I thought it was a dodgy PO addition and couldn't work out what it was for.....

Mind you, some modern stuff has similar tendencies on a much larger scale with fuse boxes scattered all over, some quite well hidden.

Nick

And some not so modern stuff as well. Years ago I had an '89 Fiesta bought as a stopgap - bloody horrible thing and soon moved on. The flasher relay failed and do you think I could find it? Ended up taking it to an auto sparks to get it sorted, he didn't charge much - couldn't really as it took about 2 mins as I watched - but damned annoying for something so simple.
Private Message Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Triumph Torque    Cars    Herald/Vitesse  ›  Fuse for Side/Rear Lights

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread