Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Accu Spark HT leads Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
scotty71
April 17, 2017, 7:17am Report to Moderator

Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.08
has anyone had problems with there HT leads not staying in on the dizzy?
brought a set which you have to cut to size, but when i fitted them. my number 4 lead it did not what to stay in the dizzy.
i had bent the contact to fit tighter, but it fall off then i was driving the car. so i have gone back to fitting the old leads with 90 deg bend to the dizzy.
the other problem which has pop up, is the timing has changed. i will need to reset the timing back, misfire when under load up hill.
Private Message
paulfosh
April 17, 2017, 3:59pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.11
had problems went back to old leads. sure the points and condenser ok had same misfire points had slipped paul
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
scotty71
April 17, 2017, 7:46pm Report to Moderator

Club Member
used the same setup as before, but this time the problems started to pop up. the car is back on the old Accu spark leads, and runs ok. but when you load the car ie a hill. this is were the misfire pops up. which points back to the dizzy or the rotor arm.
when looking at the 2 rotor arms, 1 is sightly bigger on the connect end to the other. this why it is making the car misfire under load.
the car has only done about 400 miles on the old leads & dizzy, i would thought the timing had gone out in that time!!
Private Message Reply: 2 - 4
ferny
April 19, 2017, 5:32am Report to Moderator

Mr Hoppy!
Club Officer
Club member
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Have you checked the vacuum advance works?

Acclaim - fully working and on the road
13/60 Herald - mx5 powered and other such fun things, legal enough...
Mk1 2000 - it's still alive, just sleeping
Expert 815d - the slug

If in doubt, do up until you hear the crack and then go another 1/4 turn to ensure tightness.
Site Private Message Windows Live Messenger Skype Reply: 3 - 4
scotty71
April 19, 2017, 11:58am Report to Moderator

Club Member
yes I have,  because the rubber joints do have a habit of cracking. both ends have been replaced.
the car had a 25d dizzy from when the car was new. but due to ware in the shaft I opt for a new dizzy with electronic ignition. the one which we sent, looks like a 45d. which so work ok.
the car had been running nicely until 2 weeks ago. this is why I got a new dizzy and leads. I have been reading on the web, there has been problems with some of the copy dizzy. it seems to be the rotor arms are not correctly made, which can put the timing out. so I will be looking at putting the old rotor arm back on, and see how we go. if need be I will reset the timing.
Private Message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Triumph Torque    Cars    Herald/Vitesse  ›   Accu Spark HT leads

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread