Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Convertible lip type door seals Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
hyperhale
March 5, 2017, 5:22pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.07
Hi

I met Bill from Rarebits at Beaulieu auto jumble last September and hoped to buy some lip type door seal for my Vitesse convertible.

Bill was short of it on the day but I am struggling to contact him thru facebook or a PM on this forum as I am hoping he may still have some available following the closure of Rarebits4classics.

Does anyone have some available that I could buy? ( I know Bill was the sole supplier of this)  

Has anyone been in contact with him recently?

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

Private Message
Pete Lewis
March 5, 2017, 7:10pm Report to Moderator

Tssc Herts and Beds A.O.
Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.78
https://www.coh-baines.co.uk/
have a look at  c o h baines they make just about every seal you may need

Have a sort through the type and all the extrusions  

Pete

1964 1600 Vitesse 6 Cactus and Black , now  sold
now have T2000   Mk2 saloon in French Blue/grey trim  been  restored without running since 1997
now has power steering ,poly bushed and Alfa 156 seats
location  Luton
Private Message Reply: 1 - 8
hyperhale
March 5, 2017, 7:47pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.07
Quoted from Pete Lewis
https://www.coh-baines.co.uk/
have a look at  c o h baines they make just about every seal you may need

Have a sort through the type and all the extrusions  

Pete

Thanks Pete

A really useful company, just noticed that Bill has been in touch ( hadn't seen his PM - sorry Bill !)so will go to him but baines will be useful for my soft top window seals
Private Message Reply: 2 - 8
ahebron
March 5, 2017, 10:30pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.09
Send Bill a PM.
He had some the other day when I asked him but I found a set in my shed so didnt go ahead with the order.

Adriabn

Eastern shore of Te Whanganui-a-Tara

Vitesse 6 (owned since 1982, driven for 6 months a long time ago)
Vitesse Mk11 Conv (owned since 1992, never driven but the first Vitesse I looked at buying back in early 1982)
2000 BMW R1150 GS
2003 FFRR TD6 HSE
2014 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion
Private Message Reply: 3 - 8
marshman
March 6, 2017, 1:03pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.02
This might be a bit of a liberty, but I am in the process of a full restoration of a 1360 convertible and I have thrown all the door, boot and window seal rubbers away. Is there a list showing what types are need as I will need to order a full replacement for all types.
Thanks
Andy
Private Message Reply: 4 - 8
Dogsbody47uk
March 6, 2017, 8:57pm Report to Moderator
1971 13/60 saloon and 1971 vitesse mk 2 saloon
Club Member
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Quoted from marshman
This might be a bit of a liberty, but I am in the process of a full restoration of a 1360 convertible and I have thrown all the door, boot and window seal rubbers away. Is there a list showing what types are need as I will need to order a full replacement for all types.
Thanks
Andy

Lesson 1. Never throw anything away until you have got the correct replacement! You will probably be able to get all the seals. Try Canley Cassics, James Paddock, ANG classic parts, and Rimmer Bros, in that order. Good luck, Dave.

First Triumph: 200cc Tiger Cub. Followed by in no particular order, 350 and 500 Royal Enfield Bullet, Herald 1200, Herald 13/60, Mini 1275 GT, Vitesse 2L convertible, Audi 80, Audi 80 Sport, Fiat 124 Sport Coupe, Triumph 2000, Mk 2 Estate, Fiat Tipo, Fiat Stilo, Fiat Uno, Peugeuot Turbo Diesel(yuk), Lancia HPE 2000ie (wow! a dream!) So far 3 Heralds and My fourth Vitesse in the garage. I may have forgotten some... It's my age.. Oh , Honda 400 four.. Terrifying! And the 2 Renault 5s. Oh, and the Ford Granada 3 litre estate..I think that's the lot.
Private Message Reply: 5 - 8
heraldcoupe
March 6, 2017, 9:17pm Report to Moderator

Mid-life crisis pending
Club Member
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Quoted from Dogsbody47uk
Try Canley Cassics, James Paddock, ANG classic parts, and Rimmer Bros, in that order.

I'm not aware of any of these offering the correct door seal profile, someone correct me if this has changed.

Cheers,
Bill.

Enthusiast and collector of early Heralds.

"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Site Private Message Reply: 6 - 8
Paudman
March 12, 2017, 8:37am Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.77
Everyone seems to sell the bubble-profile type which holds the door too far out from the bodywork or else makes closing a real slamming session. Unfortunately many suppliers also claim that this is all that is currently available, and advocate adjustment of the doors and catches to make it fit. I have a few metres of yours Bill salted away for the on-going convertible restoration and on testing it on other Heralds I find it allows the softer-slam against the catch and closes first time without springing back.
(BTW never saw you at Stoneleigh - where were you??

If it was made by man, it can be dismantled and rebuilt by man. Usually just not as easily.
Private Message Reply: 7 - 8
heraldcoupe
March 13, 2017, 2:14am Report to Moderator

Mid-life crisis pending
Club Member
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Quoted from Paudman
(BTW never saw you at Stoneleigh - where were you??

I was in the same spot in Hall 1 as I've been for the last couple of years, albeit without the company banner this time.

Cheers,
Bill.

Enthusiast and collector of early Heralds.

"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Site Private Message Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Triumph Torque    Cars    Herald/Vitesse  ›  Convertible lip type door seals

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread