Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Vitesse Mk2 brake pipes Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MarkB
December 11, 2016, 12:29pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.20
Hi all

In the middle of fitting a brake pipe set to my Vitesse that I bought about 10 years ago. Brake pipes are ready made and fitting has been self explanetary due to the set lengths and end fittings. However hit a snag. The pipe that runs from the front to the rear near side union is in two parts from memory and is what I have left. I have male and female fittings on each end. Male into the front union female on the end joins to the othe pipes conection but then I am left with a female on the end where it needs a to be a male to join the rear union. I have a vague memory that the mag have been a double ended male connector that joins the two female ends leaving a male at eithe end of the pipe.  Do you know if thee should be a double ended male conector?  Maybe the pipes have been made up wrong but doubt it.

Thanks

Mark
Private Message
cliftyhanger
December 11, 2016, 12:45pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 2.24
Yes, a double ended connector is required.
You should not have 2 pipe end flares against each other.

Clive Senior

Location-Brighton, East Sussex
Foxy is here, 1500od tax exempt Toledo. Now has the decent engine back in Slant 4 engine bolted in, sprint box and axle.Now has fresh MoT. Needs paint though.
Spitfire Zetec project is started work progressing slooooowly on the road!
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
MarkB
December 11, 2016, 5:07pm Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 0.20
I was Under the car at the time of posting on my phone. It came back to me the more I thought about it. The car was stripped 10 years ago and I don't usually throw anything away. Had a sort through various tubs of bolts and fittings I have collected over the years and found what I was looking for. I remember now that I bought a few of these at auto jumbles but can't remember where I put them, luckily I only need one.

Thanks
Mark

This post contains attachments; to download them you must login.

Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Triumph Torque    Cars    Herald/Vitesse  ›  Vitesse Mk2 brake pipes

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread